Sunday, August 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Mackenzie !!

My Baby turned 10 on Thursday.
So on Saturday we had a birthday party with 14 ten year old boys.
Now for all of you who have been to our house, you will know that it is a boys delight - 4 &1/2 acres to run around in - not to mention the next door neighbours yard which leads down to the river!

That is all good for Mum except when you add RAIN, then you have new rules:

  • take off your shoes before you come inside
  • no playing with the ball inside
  • no playing with the ball inside
  • no playing with the ball inside
  • no running
  • no playing with the ball inside!!!!
  • take off your shoes!!!

And my house was perfect before they came...... sob, sob..... and my Mum comes tomorrow with my Grannie and my Aunty Margaret, so I have to clean it again.....

Anyhow isn't the cake fantastic!
Bad Shirley made it..... and 3 dozen cupcakes. 2 Dozen soccer balls for the kids
And 1 Dozen double choc - double rasberry for the adults.
Bad Shirley (alais Ashley Bird 0408 599 188) is one of my Recycled Relix customers. When Michael and I delivered the Kitchen Cabinet to Ash & Angela we got talking and Angela told us that Ash makes cupcakes.
So when Michael & I were talking birthday cakes, he suggested Ash.
I set him a challenge of a soccer ball and he grasped it with two hands and just look at the fantastic result!
I have never bought a better birthday cake.
He was really reasonable, the result was perfect and they tasted as good as they looked!
Needless to say there isn't much of the big ball left and we only have a few cupcakes left.
I am trying to save them for Mum, Grannie and Aunty Margaret.



Here he is making a wish.......


And the candles are all blown out....




No comments:

Post a Comment